I am a supervisor in my Counselling/Psychotherapy practice in Brighton and Hove.
I have a Diploma in Supervision, and have provided supervision to social care, health, education, and voluntary organisation professionals, as well as trainee counsellors.
Supervision can be about:
1. The nature of the work
2. The strategies and interventions the worker uses in their work
3. Relationships in the workplace
4. The worker themselves (as it impacts on the work/ place)
5. The wider context in which the work takes place
6. The relationship between supervisor and supervisee to explore impacts, possible options, & facilitate reflection.
In order for this to be a cumulative and fluid process I suggest that the frequency is 4-6 weekly.
I usually start a 1 hr supervision by contracting with the supervisee about how they want to use the time.